Whether your favorite team is in the Superbowl 2017 or not, it is still fun to watch the game. After watching football all season, this final game is the perfect excuse to get together with friends and family one last time. It is also the perfect excuse to get a little festive.
First, the Decor!
- Go to your local hardware store, and purchase some astroturf. If not found, it can definitely be purchased online! Cut the material up into coasters or placemats. (Avoid using under hot plates and dishes). Here is an example below. You can cut into squares, circles or even football shaped!
- Use white tape to shape football stitching onto your regular glasses. This will go great with the coasters! It is also inexpensive and easy to remove. (If any residue is left, try using the product Goo Gone. It will clean up any sticky mess). (See picture above for an example)
- It is always fun to make the game a little more interesting. Guess the score of Superbowl 2017! Make a poster (the kids can even take on this task) and write everyones names down. Right in their guess for the score, and display it near the party. Just play for fun or purchase a small prize for the winner. It is always fun to create a bet for the person furthest from the right score too. Decorate with the colors of the teams, and make it as fancy as you want!
Up Next, Food!
- Potato Bar! Skip the typical game day food that everyone has been eating all season, and spice things up! A Potato bar is not only easy to do, it is super tasty and customizable. First, you need your potatoes. Potato wedges are simple because you can just pick up some frozen bags of them and pop them in the oven. If those are not enough, mashed potatoes are also easy to fix up! Next, it is time to get creative. Set out sour cream, different types of cheese, onion, salsa, gravy, jalapeños, chili, bacon bits, guacamole, diced chicken, taco meat, BBQ sauce, veggies or whatever else you think might be good! The sky is the limit on this recipe.
2. Snack Stadium. This is a game day classic, and there are tons of great versions of this out there. The best way to accomplish this is gathering square containers that you can arrange in a rectangle. Purchase a football field running or create your own. Arrange snacks around the field and put drinks in the center to be the players (sets of coozies could stand in as jerseys). Create a border and decorate with the team colors. You can fill it with fruit, veggies, chips and dips, candy, etc! Here is an example of one below, but feel free to get creative!
Go to Pinterest for more Ideas. You can get as crazy as you want! Along with more decoration ideas, there are more ideas for games and activities as well as endless recipes for tasty food and treats! There is no way to be too festive, and your friends and family will have fun!